Points to check before making an appointment
Please check the following points before making an appointment for testing.
- Are you the one who wants to take the test?
- Have more than 60 days passed since the day you suspected you might have been infected with HIV?
(If more than 60 days have not passed, test results will not be accurate.
If you have any concerns, please contact the Tokyo HIV/AIDS Telephone Consultation at 03-3227-3335.)(in Japanese only)
- If you want to be retested, be sure to make an appointment for the next test after receiving your test results.
- It will take approximately one week before test results are available.
The Office will deliver the results in person more than one week after testing.
- If you take a test on a weekday, please choose a weekday to receive the results.
- Only the person who took the test can learn the results.
Test results will not be provided by mail, telephone, or e-mail.
- As it is anonymous testing, no certificates or medical certificates will be issued.
- If you make an appointment on our mobile website, please make sure to show your appointment number at the reception. If you cannot state your appointment number, you cannot take a test.
- Appointments can be made on our mobile website until 00:00 a.m. two days before the test day.
Telephone appointments can be made on the previous day and the test day if there are any available appointment slots.
- You can cancel your mobile appointment on our mobile website until two days before the test day (00:00 a.m.)
If you cannot come for the appointment, please make sure to call us at 03-3377-0811.
- Syphilis testing is offered every day along with HIV testing.
STD testing (genital chlamydia/gonorrhea) is also offered during the period of the following campaigns!
*As urine tests are used to detect genital chlamydia and gonorrhea, please be sure to visit the Office and show your appointment number to receive a urine collection kit during business hours (*) by the day before the testing day if you want to be tested (only those who take an HIV test from November 16 to December 15).
(*) Hours of operation
Monday to Friday 15:30-19:30, Saturdays and Sundays 13:00-16:30
(Excluding public holidays. Hours of operation for Saturdays and Sundays will be applied on November 23.)
→About urine collection kits (PDF file)
・Tokyo HIV Testing and Counseling Month (June 1-June 30)
・Tokyo AIDS Prevention Month (November 16-December 15)